 Database / Set Inventories / 599
598  |  600
Subject:
A question about doing inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:04:57 GMT

I decided to do a inventory of 1815 Paradisa Lifeguard and have a
question or three :^)

What is the best naming convention? Auczilla? partsref? Peeron? just
use whatever I come up with?

I have found LDraw part #'s for most of it so far, some of the parts
didn't come up very easily on either partsref or peeron (try chair on
peeron, you don't get the 2 x 2 minifig chair, you need to use Town
seat to have it pop up, and on parts ref you get no matches for chair
at all... I found it by category browsing for something else)

Also how does  a person handle printed minifig torsos?

Also I won't be doing a count on this set as it was opened and built
for a while before I decided to inventory it. (kept separate from
other LEGO though)

Should I include both the LEGO part number and the LDraw part numbers?
what about the 'secondary' numbers on a brick? like 7-06 or 11  04?

I've basically got the inventory done, it just that the notes are
really umm, confusing and lack a coherent format and before I format
it I want to know what is the best way to do so.  I don't want to
format it twice.....

So comments are welcome...
Mike
--
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle! :^)