 Database / Set Inventories / 605
Re: A question about doing inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 20:58:32 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Dan Boger wrote:

Should I include both the LEGO part number and the LDraw part numbers

what lego number?  we always try to go by what's on the brick... only
the parts number, not the other number there, like the 7-06 or 11  04...
Can you give an example where the lego number isn't the same as the
ldraw one?

Some parts have two (or more) different numbers, for various reasons.

One common reason is LEGO will sometimes have two different molds for the
same part.  One mold for molding opaque parts and another for transparent
molding.  Apparently, different types of plastic shrink at different rates.
Anyway, each type of mold gets its own number.

There was some discussion around here about this within the last week.  See
<http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=5985>.

Steve