 Database / Set Inventories / 288
287  |  289
Subject:
Another (semi-) standard field for inventories
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 17:12:35 GMT

I couldn't find a definitive prior discussion to followup-to, so I'm posting
this fresh.

So far, the general standard set of fields for an inventory has been:

Part Name
Part Number (where available)
Color
Quantity

I'd like to suggest another field that people should consider recording and
reporting:  an identification of the bag and/or sub-container that the parts are
in.  This information is useful for people who sort, trade, or sell parts.

I'll work up an example inventory using the Container field, and post it.

Steve