 Database / Set Inventories / 299
Re: 3033 1200-Piece Blue Bucket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 06:40:44 GMT

Ok, for multiple sets I can see how it helps.  I just hate to give up
another field in that 80-character line.  I guess I should just give
up on the 80-character line....

John C.

In lugnet.db.inv, Steve Bliss writes:
[SNIP]

It could help anyone dealing with parting-out multiple copies of the same set.
Especially if they are selling or trading parts out of a set, and want to
'touch' each set as few times as possible.

For example, in my last parts sale, I had the following sets:

: 6 copies of 6441 Deep Reef Refuge <http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6441>
: 3 copies of 8250 Search Sub <http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8250- • 1>
: 7 copies of 7111 Droid Fighter <http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=7111>

To save some time on packing, I opened all the sets, left the pieces in the
baggies, and put identical baggies together.  That way, if someone had bought
all of the tan 3x3 round-corner plates, I could easily get all the pieces, once
I found one of the bags.

To save even more time, I packed several orders at once (usually, as many as I
had ready to be packed).  That way, I could grab one set of baggies, and check
all the orders to see if there were pieces in those baggies for the orders.  If
I packed orders individually, I would have had to 'touch' each set of baggies
more times, once for each order.

This wasn't a perfect system, more of an art than a science.  But it was better
than the alternatives.

Steve