 Database / Set Inventories / 553
Re: Plans to include LCAD or TLG part numbers on inventroy entries?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.database, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:53:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.database, Alex Farlie writes:

I would find this useful in that I would be able to obtain a visual
appearance for more obscurly named parts.

In additon it would help to idenfity gaps in the LCAD part library.
(LoM has at least 5 new mouldings in the set I bought..- Will start
modelling these if no one else is..)

Additonally are there plans to link up the Inventories with Brickshelf's
instruction and Partsref's part images?

Alex

The plan is slowly coming together.  The inventories at Peeron
(http://www.peeron.com/inv) have most of the parts linked to Partsref (if the
part is LDrawn) or sometimes a photo taken by Dan and Jen, as well as a list of
the sets in the Peeron database containing that part; and the set inventory
page has a link to the entry in the LUGNET Guide which links to the
instructions in Brickshelf.  The best way to improve this system is to submit
inventories to Peeron that include part numbers.  (And to put my money where my
mouth is, I just this minute dropped 22 Adventurers inventories in their
mailbox.)  The Master Part List at Peeron lists all the part numbers known by
them, as well as "made-up" numbers (that include an "x") for parts whose number
is not known; this is a great aid to those making inventories.

I just uploaded a diagram I threw together in Access to show what's going on.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/hpatey/tools/the-plan.gif
Hope this makes sense and I've included everything.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada