 Dacta / 174
Re: dacta hospital
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta, lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 03:38:39 GMT

In lugnet.dacta, Greg Howell writes:
In lugnet.dacta, Benjamin Medinets writes:

Hey Tony, not to criticize you, but that fact has been already mentioned,
and the fact that the instructions this way make it next to impossible to
copy.

Here's a thought....I want to keep the equipment the way it is, but somehow
combine it with the Emergency Treatment Center, and make it into a
metropolitan hospital....with 3 to 5 floors similiar to the one by my house.

Benjamin Medinets

In lugnet.dacta, Tony Kilaras writes:
There are no instructions, just idea cards.

"Christopher J. Dean" <chdean@deloitte.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.dacta, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Does anybody know where I can purchase a copy of the Dacta Hospital.
I have the Emergency Treatment Center, but I want to have a metropolitan-
sized hospital with it being completely functional with ER, OR, recovery
room, physical therapy, a nice-sized reception area, etc. etc.

Ben-

    This set is very hard to get.  The last time I saw one available was • on
Ebay six to twelve months ago.  I believe the closing bid was over $250.
The chances of getting this set though is very slim.  On another note, • does
anyone have scans of the directions to this set.  It would be nice to have
the directions as inspiration for building a hospital from scratch.  Your
cooperation would be appreciated.

Hmm, sound more like a challenge than a problem Benjamin. Have you tried
creating your own medically looking stuff? Lot's of lights and tubes and
things hanging all over the place. I'll try to create an operating room and
see what I get. They tend to be cluttered.

GREG~ "It's the little machine that goes BING! That's my favorite." -Python

I got too many other projects I'm working on...maybe in the winter...sounds
like a good idea...I'll have to work on getting some bulk bricks and some
other's collections.... but you are right it might be fun to design my
own equipment...getting the dacta set or having an idea of how to build the
equipment would be an easy way of achieving my goal of setting up a metro-sized
hospital...
I wanted each functional room on a floor to itself....ER / entrance on main
floor, OR on second floor, physio-therapy room on third floor, recovery /
icu on forth floor, maybe a lounge / deck on the fifth / roof....

Benjamin Medinets