 Color / 752
  My first MOC in "bley"....

Hi all, I just wanted to present my first and so far only MOC in the "cool" colour bley: (URL) These (bley and therefor otherwise useless) bricks substitute the trashcan holder which is available from IKEA for 2.99 Eur. And no - I do not mind (URL) (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) <snip> Oh, bad, wicked, naughty, evil Ben! :-) JOHN (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) Hi John, and now imagine that the hooks are actually done in SNOT technique! And think somewhat further: the trashcan will surely be filled with all kind of kitchen SCHLEIM sooner or later.... Thanks LEGO for being every day a new toy! Thanks (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.build.schleim, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) Haha! That gives me an idea: I need a cover for my kitchen garbage can... -Bryan (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) It reminds me of the page I had on my now offline website , Minifigville.com, asking people: Top 10 practical ways to use new color parts other than building with them. And the top 10 answers were: Put a single Light Gray in a large bin with (...) (20 years ago, 14-Dec-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) Why IS one of my fave lego websites offline? I was looking for it the other day because I'd thought of something nice for the latest picture captioning contest. And what about Brad's world tour???? Samarth (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) Hi Samarth, I believe due to time constraints or other issues, Terry took his website down. That said, Terry sent Brad to my place for the fist part of the World Tour, and if you would like to see pics of Brads visit with me, have a look (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.general)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) Nice. I have been neutral about the new colors and have just added them into my collection. HOWEVER, whenever I build a MOC and pull out a new "bley" brick and place it on the model. GARBAGE!!!! They look so out of place. I immediately take it (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) I know how serious you are when it comes to your acrimony over the color changes, and so I shouldn't have made light of it in the first place (but how could I resist? You are such a character:-) FWIW, I think the decision was a unmitigated (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) snip Good day, John! Possibly I should be really glad about the bley-thing in the end (without any joking!). Since 1997 I have spent (by far) over 4000 Eur each year for new bricks (90% of these as MISB sets). Next to this, I have partly spent (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) First, thanks to David for trying to answer that one for me. I'll fill in the blanks. Thank you Samarth for your kind words. Simply put, my website cost too much money for the little benefits I got from it. I have lost some of the interest i (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

(...) <snip> That's an amazing story, Ben, and congratulations on becoming a new homeowner! And a fine looking house it is! Now, are you sure that it was blay that was totally responsible for this new home-- a new bride didn't have anything to do (...) (20 years ago, 17-Dec-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: My first MOC in "bley"....

In lugnet.color, John Neal wrote: Every now and again I do a search here on LUGNET for various terms relating to my beloved clone bricks, just to see who’s discussing what. I stumbled upon this months-old discussion of the LEGO color issue, and I (...) (20 years ago, 1-Mar-05, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)