 Color / 763
Re: My first MOC in "bley"....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:23:30 GMT

In lugnet.color, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.color, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:
   In lugnet.color, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Reinhard “Ben” Beneke wrote:

snip

Good day, John!

Possibly I should be really glad about the bley-thing in the end (without any joking!). Since 1997 I have spent (by far) over 4000 Eur each year for new bricks (90% of these as MISB sets). Next to this, I have partly spent the same sum for used bricks, but that got less and less since PaB and S@H had so cool sets and so nice brick assortments. I stopped buying used bricks in 2002 and increased my spendings on new sets instead.

Any idea what happend in 2004? Have I spent more than ever to get as much oldgrey in my hands as possible? Sorry no. I felt very frustrated about bley and have spent not more than 100 Eur per month in average. And only one singel set from the 2004 line: the MINI-ISD, just to find out how ugly bley really is.

Later I realized how much money I had suddenly on my bank accounts, so I made a dream becoming true and have built an own house.

<snip> That’s an amazing story, Ben, and congratulations on becoming a new homeowner! And a fine looking house it is!

Now, are you sure that it was blay that was totally responsible for this new home-- a new bride didn’t have anything to do with the decision? :-D

Play On!

JOHN