 Color / 60
Re: Brown Bricks - Wood or Chocolate?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 04:44:26 GMT

In lugnet.color, Mark Bellis wrote:
Here's a thread to discuss your opinions of old and new brown.  I'd like to see
what the consensus of opinion is.

Q1. Is the old brown like wood?

Its not so much like wood, as like dirt.  IMHO.

Q2. Is the new brown like chocolate?

Not really.  It is more reddish, but I don't get the urge to eat it. :)

Q3. Are chocolate coloured trees feasible or not?

This presumes the answer to #2 is yes! :)  So, I guess I shouldhave left this
blank?

Q4. Are there enough everyday objects in chocolate brown to make building with
it feasible?

Its brown.  Honestly, I can barely tell the difference.  I was upset for awhile
until at a club meeting where we thought it was odd that they used old brown in
the X-Pods.  Of course they hadn't, we just couldn't tell the difference.

I think the main reason for changing brown is for representing brown-colored
people.  (I was going to say African-American, but then why would they have to
American at all?)  The old brown was plainly too dark for printing, and the new
brown gives a nice contrast to the black ink printed on it.  At least in the
pictures--I haven't seen a new brown face in person, yet.

-Alfred