 Color / 11
10  |  12
Subject:
Brown Bricks - Wood or Chocolate?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2004 21:51:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Here's a thread to discuss your opinions of old and new brown.  I'd like to see
what the consensus of opinion is.

Q1. Is the old brown like wood?

Q2. Is the new brown like chocolate?

Q3. Are chocolate coloured trees feasible or not?

Q4. Are there enough everyday objects in chocolate brown to make building with
it feasible?

I'll start:

A1. I think old brown is near enough to wood to convince the public at railway
exhibitions, and more so than new brown.  Have you seen any natural wood colours
like new brown?

A2. I think new brown is very similar in colour to a popular brand of chocolate
in the UK.

A3. I think new brown is too light for tree trunks.  Some of the bigger tree
models I've seen on brickshelf use black pieces for trunks and branches anyway,
as there was never the range or supply of old brown parts to do it properly.  (I
wish chocolate grew on trees!)

A4. There used to be railway coaches painted 'chocolate and cream' in the UK.
Some of them still exist on preserved railways.  I can't think of any other
chocolate brown objects (other than chocolate bars) suitable for modelling in
Lego, can you?

What do you think about any or all of these issues?

Mark