 Color / 188
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 17:22:30 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Jake *explained* why the Design Lab felt there was a strong need to change
things. You may not agree that it was a legitimate need to rationalise the
palette. That's fine. You might be right.
Yes, but he left anything out that I'd count as good thinking. He
promised to explain complicated things, so complicated that he was not
sure wether it would work out in text. But all he brought up was "They
thought hard, and hard, and hard!" - Maybe they thought so hard that
their head hurt, and they missed so many obvious reasons *not* to change
the colour (and I'm not talking about that exotic being called AFOL,
they did not even squander a thought on the Legoland builders, which are
quite present in Billund...).

But to just *deny* that it was good thinking, and demand that people be fired...
That just doesn't strike me as useful. Spiteful maybe, but not useful.
If you wouldn't mix up posts, this discussion would be easier. Although
I'd consider a decision with such bad impact on the customer as
sabotage, nonetheless.

I suspect that Jake spent some considerable internal political capital on our
behalf to get this level of detail and get it approved to be shared. These sorts
of vitriolic posts don't help him make the case upwards that it's WORTH sharing.
Reality check: What really newsworthy item did Jake bring?

- That the colour chaos was a reason to think about colours in general.
- That they started with the process four years ago.
- That they did not even waste a thought on the consequences out of
their ivory tower.

And that ther was good thinking - oh no, we had that already.

Yours, Christian