 Color / *74 (-20)
  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

VERY cool survey there Jake/Richard! It will be interesting to see what impact this has on the selection of parts available at PaB. On a side note. Is anyone at Lego working on a resource that will present the current PaB selections to a wider (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote: *snip* (...) *snip2* Any chance at all we could pick the now-discontinued colors?? I for one would love to be able to buy certain elements in those colors... JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) thank you for making this easy to navagate. it is well organized and easy to follow. i wish there were selections for the old greys but as it is there are plenty of choices. thanks, ondrew (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

Damn it just trashed the cart when I added the 20th item. WTH? (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

"Marc Nelson Jr." <legomarc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HxK8DE.1quB@lugnet.com... (...) new (...) been (...) many (...) of (...) would (...) me, (...) anything (...) Top (...) community as (...) we (...) to 10 (...) (But (...) change (...) (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) <snip the rest...> Oh yeah in more colors than Red bricks and Blue / White / Clear Panels Definitely in Blue, White, Black, Yellow, (Classic) Light Grey as far as bricks go, and Yellow, Black, Red, maybe Transparent Black (Smoke), and (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) Thank you very much Jake, this is the kind of community input TLC should be gathering. I have a question: If I'm not going to buy parts in the new colors, but would love to buy those parts in the old colors, how should I answer the survey? (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) Cool tool! Unfortunately, some things that would be nice, like a rolling garage door pack, require adding 3 or 4 elements to the cart. Same for windows plus panes, and left/right doors. But it's a great idea! Roy (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Jake did good?

(...) Hello Jake, some of my recent messages have been written under - let me call it - emotional stress. I knew, part of it could be understood as hurting personally, on the other hand the colour change is a topic that hurts me daily more. I kept (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.color) !

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

Jake, Thanks for putting this tool up - I'm interested to see what the outcome is. I'm not going to read into your post anything more than is there, but I'm sure the flames are coming... Your ability (and willingness) to stand up as a lightning rod (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Top secret project - we need your help

All, Richard and I (mostly Richard, thanks Richard!) have been working on a new survey tool to get a better handle on the AFOL part desires. We have been working on a super top secret project – we’ll call it Project X - for many months now, and it’s (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: Opacity change - when?

(...) I don't have much to add here except to confirm that I have seen this as well, older ABS is less translucent than newer ABS. It may be an attempt to save on pigment rather than an ABS formula change. It may not have been a sharp break point (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Opacity change - when?

Avoiding the debate over the color change, I want to bring up another issue. It is quite obvious to me that modern Lego pieces are much more translucent than the old ones. I might be speaking about ancient times which nobody cares about here, but (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) In their opinion, reliability is demonstrated in public through not changing forward and back again just because some "whiners rant". By the way, did anybody around here consider writing to a newspaper? It wouldn't be a topic for the first (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.color)

  Re: Brown Bricks - Wood or Chocolate?

(...) Its not so much like wood, as like dirt. IMHO. (...) Not really. It is more reddish, but I don't get the urge to eat it. :) (...) This presumes the answer to #2 is yes! :) So, I guess I shouldhave left this blank? (...) Its brown. Honestly, I (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change - Final Update

(...) First off I would like to cast my vote for keeping the 48X48 baseplates and train track in their original shades of gray. I think that these 2 items are the most "crucial to keep in the old colors." Many of us would also like to know if these (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Brown Bricks - Wood or Chocolate?

(...) I think that might depend both on the wood and the specifics of the weather. Cedar chests are used as non-skanky means of keeping moths from getting at valuable clothes (cedar smells infinitely more pleasant than moth-balls), but in order for (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) On this I must agree, even as the rabid-clone fan I am. Aside from being heavily juniorized, many of the Dragons elements are made in such a way that they require a herculean effort to get them to snap together, but not nearly so much force to (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Our Friend, the Sun

(...) Wish I could, but I know for a fact (the hard way) that my unemployment check doesn't buy much LEGO. :-) James (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Reasons for the color change

(...) snip The other flaw in the argument (besides the one you mentioned) is that if LEGO gave mixed clone and LEGO elements to my 8-year-old son and his friends, the clones would quickly get tossed aside because they don't fit as well as LEGO. My (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact