 Color / *494 (-20)
  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

Why is that Lego guy so upset? Why was it kept a secret until the last minute? Which color are they going to change next? Plus Lego and Jake or whatever his name is, doesn't really care. Remember Bagdad Bob? All is all right. No problems. John P (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

Hello! (...) I'm very much upset with the replacement of the hinges. In particular the fact that we will never see brown classic hinges in any new set enrages me. And there is no lugnet.click-hinges so where am I allowed to complain about them? Bye (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  What 5% ? (was Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!)

(...) That's where you're wrong, Justin. TLC is LOSING money. Alienating up to 5% of their customer base is NOT the way to tip the balance to MAKING money. ***** One thing I would like clarified, that Jake nor anyone at TLC seems to have done - are (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) (Marshall Fields customer stuff snipped) There is a disconnect here. The AFOL segment is largely disconnected from the Lego-buying parent segment, even if there's overlap between the two groups (at 5%, there can only be so much overlap with (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) Lego may or may not care what we think. At their peril. And since I have already said my piece, I will add a quote of someone else's to the fray. This was not written about lego: ===quote=== (from (URL) by Rick Phillips) "Marshall Fields, the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) It's part and parcel of the denial that AFOLs are but a passing afterthought to TLC. Some people can't get over the fact that, in the scheme of all things related to Lego in the marketplace, they generally* don't count in these kinds of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) Hi Larry, My apologies. I messed up and forgot to change the followup. Thanks for letting me know. Josh (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: My letter to Lego, and it could be yours too!

In lugnet.color, David Simmons wrote: (snip) (...) Technically, you should always spell "LEGO" in caps. HTH, JOHN (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

In lugnet.general, Josh Wedin wrote: (snip) .general is not an appropriate place for this discussion. Josh please see: (URL) (among others) and please respect the FUT. If you have issues with why .general is not a good place, let's talk about them (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.color)

  Re: Buckets on the Brain

(...) If the grid is molded onto the bucket, then there's a high probability that it's the date of manufacture of the bucket, not the packaging of the container. That's more for ISO 9000 and quality issue so they can track any problems. If there's a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Jul-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  My letter to Lego, and it could be yours too!

Hey all, Well, after setting the roof on fire with my last post, I thought I'd try to pour a little water on the flames by collecting my thoughts together into a letter to the company. Those of you who read and agree with it, please feel free to (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jul-04, to lugnet.color) !

  Re: Large 48x48 gray baseplates

"Markassius" <mark.de.kock@NOSPAM.home.nl> wrote in message news:I0zxrs.sn7@lugnet.com... (...) obvious, (...) I can tell the differences between the two when they are near eachother, and the differences are more obvious than newer old gray and (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Troll (was Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) That is exactly what I have been trying to say. I am glad someone sees it! Lets stop the trolling! -Alfred (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Large 48x48 gray baseplates

(...) Yes, they are being produced in the new grey. I received two baseplates in a recent S@H order, and they are the new grey. A fact I didn't realize until today, when I visited the Potomac Mills outlet store. They just got Pick-a-Brick (although (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: A question of humidity...

(...) Pure sodium metal will react with water to form hydrogen and heat energy; more than enough heat energy to ignite the hydrogen. Hydrogen is highly flamable. -Rob. (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Large 48x48 gray baseplates

(...) Hmm, if you can't tell the difference in the store, will you be able to tell it when bought and brought home? I know that my old light grey pieces collection varies in shades more than some of the old pieces together with the new grey. /\/\ark (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: A question of humidity...

(...) Pure sodium (the metal) will explode (= react violantly) with water. However, the sodium that is in the oceans is not the metal, but the ion - positively charged. It is usualy accompanied by a chlorine ion (negative). Just like salt that you (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: A question of humidity...

SNIP (...) Please explain this to me.....sodium will explode when it gets wet? If this is true than wouldn't the oceans blow up? Just curious.... Jen (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) (through tear-stained pillows) SOB SOB OH WHYYYY...WHYYYY... (/nancykerrigan) I actually had a nice chat with Jake at the Brickish Association meeting last month. I've made my peace with the change, and have been duly doubling my collection of (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!

(...) Thanks. I am glad to know I wasn't the only one. ;) (...) Well, I think you might have misunderstood me here. I _don't_ think people should be ranting about this all over Lugnet, and especially not in .general. However, people shouldn't be (...) (20 years ago, 17-Jul-04, to lugnet.color)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact