 Color / 476
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 07:16:29 GMT

In lugnet.color, Bruce Schlickbernd wrote:
   Thanks for being a voice of reason in all this ranting, Frank. I’m not exactly sure why people are spot-lighting the rants in this thread, but I’d like to encourage the more level-headed to spot-light your message. Yes, I’m tired of the rants - rants about the ranters included. But it is a problem that continues to affect people (I can only express my greatest sympathy to Lindsay Frederick Braun and his almost all-gray collection for fighting vessels), so I don’t expect it to entirely go away.

(through tear-stained pillows) SOB SOB OH WHYYYY...WHYYYY... (/nancykerrigan)

I actually had a nice chat with Jake at the Brickish Association meeting last month. I’ve made my peace with the change, and have been duly doubling my collection of the old colors via BrickLink and clearance sales; it’s annoying, it’s an inconvenience, but I will survive it. And I will only state that the company themselves have been helpful and responsive to my concerns when I expressed them directly via letter.

   I do think many people should express their opinion (politely!) to Lego directly through the mail - Lego will pay more attention to that then they will here (read Jake’s messages carefully and you’ll understand that Lego pays more attention to mail than message boards).

And by “mail,” the snail variety works best. Email is easy to throw off en masse, but a good, handwritten (or even typed) letter requires some effort to put together. They ought naturally to pay more attention to that approach, and they do in my experience. This is an excellent piece of advice and I would suggest that AFOLs follow it--not only in regard to LEGO, but to anything they feel is important.

all best

LFB