 Color / 481
Re: Large 48x48 gray baseplates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:56:56 GMT

In lugnet.color, Markham Carroll wrote:
Are these being produced in the new light blueish-gray?  If not, was the packaging ever changed so that the difference is obvious,
or will I have to bring a light grey Lego peice to stores to see?

Yes, they are being produced in the new grey.  I received two baseplates in a
recent S@H order, and they are the new grey.  A fact I didn't realize until
today, when I visited the Potomac Mills outlet store.  They just got
Pick-a-Brick (although a much-limited version of what other stores have.)  A
person working at the store said their PAB bricks were old greys; in trying to
point out the difference to another employee, he grabbed an old baseplate from
behind the counter and compared it to the ones they had for sale, which were all
new grey.  I came home to check, and in natural sunlight, I was able to figure
out that I had new grey baseplates (and had started building a Moonbase module
for Brickfest on one...)  I couldn't tell that easily under weak incandescent
light.

The packaging looks similar to me, but since I don't have an old one in the
package, I'm not sure if it's exactly the same.  I'd recommend taking an old
grey brick as a reference.

Doug