Re: New Website Design Test
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 15:17:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Chris Gray writes:
Rather than using frames, my suggestion is to make all of your pages have
a consistent navigation structure. E.g. in your case, put all of the
link boxes and graphics at the top of *every* page. If you can make them
a bit smaller, they won't occupy much room. The big difference here is
that they aren't stealing horizontal space. The other is that, even in
the presence of unclosed frames, they go away when a link is followed
to someone else's page.

As an example, both my old page and my new page use that style.  My old page,
at

http://junior.apk.net/~tremor/

used images on the left side, and my new page at

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

uses images across the top of the page.  If you take a look at the source, you
can see how I used comments to mark the blocks of text that appear on every
page.  I agree with Chris in saying that I dislike the use of frames.

(followups to lugnet.publish)

Adrian
--
www.brickfrenzy.com