Re: Question on the IOM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 02:29:32 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Alex Polimeni writes:

Have the IOM on one island, or isle, and have the coast of the CQ world across
from it. this would be an ocean of, say, eight hundred miles. this would
provide people torn with pirate and castle (like me) to put pirate to use. you
could have pirate ships, or evil ships, or merchant ships, or whatever. there
would be limitations, of course, such as flying, or sailing. no motor powered
boats, i would think. you could have trade between the two, and perhaps
establish rules for you to either have your character on another persons ship
or get your own ship, which you could then add on and add on and protect it
from elements and enemies. (another main part of CQ.)

What do the rest of you think?

Aramir

I don't think IOM could exist cocurrent with CQ.  Since the two game styles
are going to be so different, it would add too much confusion and plus the
initial failure of IOM suggests that it probably wont stand up to another run.
I think it is best to keep them seperate and IOM dead for now to keep room
for CQ.  Think of CQ is to IOM as constitution is to articles of
confederation (sorry for that cheezy refrence, but we are studying that now
in government class.)
Of course this is only my opinion and i am not making the rules.

-Nick
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/oranzinr