Re: Question on the IOM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 22:38:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Aaron Muhl writes:
Matt,

I think your concept sounds like it could be fun.  Why don't you start a
website and run it?

-Aaron

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Slavick Mikhaylov writes:
I think that the Isle Of Mist should continue. It would be bad if it just
stopped right at the begining. Maybe new people are needed. I am now • taking
pictures of my "sig-fig" and working on how he can get to the Isle.
Off-topic but: will the creatures that use magic as "life-support" or
creatures that are made out of raw magic be able to live on the Isle?

Perhaps a lot more than people are needed for IOM to continue? I • personally
think more effort should be placed in the real-time scenerio compendium,
an addition I proposed earlier, but nobody seemed to like (for some
reason I don't know of)

To tell you the truth, I don't really observe so called "fantasy magic"
rules, because, in essence, none of my characters (that I'm working on) • use
magic. (instead, they utilize chi skills and such, which are vaguely
similar to magic) However, I would think that IOM wouldn't allow for
life-support magic, because that would make it way too easy to go about • the
game, in sense,making it a tad boring for me.

In a sense, I doubt magic creatures would become denizens of the isle.

Yes, I would be a misfortune to see the IOM cease to exist, but say, if it
did, this would probably make way for a better improved version (which
works by the scenerio basis, and of course, a twist of your own • storyline.)

Just an opinion of mine...

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet No. 1112

I joined IOM at about the same time that it died down, so my character is
not even posted on the website. I think this project needs not only more
people but more webmasters who can stand the "long-termity" of the project.
Personally, if IOM was restarted I would join(again). And things are looking
up, because Castle World is also "restarting."(sort of).
That is my opinion on Isle of Mist.