Re: Question on the IOM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 03:07:52 GMT

I believe that Anthony really has a great question here, and I would also
like it answered.  Why make the IOM without ANY of the maps of the
territories covered in mist, then release it?  Dont get me wrong, I think
the IOM thing is awesome!  Im just anxious to see it continue!

-Dave

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Anthony Sava writes:
Ok, yeah, there are a lot of questions out there about why the IOM has stalled.
We all know the answer now, because of the lack of maps.

But here's my question...

Why did the IOM go gold without a full and complete map to back it up?

I mean, why did the admins of IOM let the IOM start with only four map bits
done?  It would seem to me that they would have at least made sure half or
better of the map was complete before starting anyone on the long... and with
the latest developements.... REALLY LONG journey toward the center of the Isle?

So what, the IOM is now a Microsoft product?  Going gold still buggy?

I guess we can all call it the IOM... the Isle of Microsoft  :)

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros