Re: Update on new CW Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 22:49:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Brett Kingery writes:
If I wanted to recreate what exists at Geocities I'd have
to go page by page, or link by link, and download it page by page with all
of the images intact and then reorganize it slightly, etc, etc, etc.  See if
you can guess the odds of my actually doing that?

While I haven't tried such a program, may I suggest trying <a
href=http://www.netvampire.com/index.htm>Net Vampire</a> (hope that works).
It is designed specifically to do that job for you.
Or <a href=http://www.httrack.com/index.php?p=2>HTTrack Website Copier</a>

I've had good luck using IE to save pages for me, it saves the page and all
the embedded images in a subdirectory. OK for small sites but for a site
with hundreds of pages, probably a non starter.