  Re: Hello!

(...) A seeded story would be a good idea, but I think implementing an actual storyline into the whole IOM would be a decent idea too. However, I see hardly any story line, and the missions sent into the IOM seem more like expeditions into the (...) (22 years ago, 29-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) Well, the point of IOM is creative freedom for the individual authors in an interactive environment. Forcing them to follow a single storyline is antithesis to the original plan. (...) I think you're missing the point of IOM. Its a tool for (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) How about ideas more like 'a weird nomand warns you of great treasure gaurded by the Killer Goblins ahead', making it completely optional. Is IOM still goung to continue? You could at least make something happen on the 4 squares already made. (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) Even so, without a preset storyline, what missions would there be, entirely? Most of them, I presume would be the expansion of cities, exploration of caves, and such. However, with a storyline, the idea of the story would progress much more (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) That isn't really what I had in mind. It forces the author's characters to act in a certain ways, which isn't good. A better scenario would be a detailed description of an unusual creature, with ecological and lifestyle information. Let's say (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) There are many, many possibilities. Maybe there is a war at home, and they are looking for help. Maybe there was a legend about sleeping gods on the isle. Maybe they want to colonize. Or maybe they just want to explore. :) (...) Ah, but there (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Hello!

(...) Well, yes, I could see that. and, colonization is interesting, but why not put an additional storyline about it, such say, General Red decides to go to IOM to escape his rogue government, when he discovers the myth of mist, about the treasure (...) (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)