Re: Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 01:19:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Pictures of the _Duran's Blessing_ and her sister ship will exist when I get
our digital camera back from on loan. I was going to wait to post until I
had pics, but I wanted to get underway. :)

I know the feeling :)  I can't wait to see the ships - are they just carrier
ships, or are they equipped to handle Sea-to-Sea combat if need be?  It would
be a shame if they couldn't hold their own on the high waters ...

They are mostly carrier ships, and aren't outfitted with cannon, so they
wouldn't get involved in a battle of the line.  They _are_ full of
mercenaries, though ... If a high seas battle couldn't be outrun, they would
avoid broadsides at all costs until they could close and grapple.  Then you
have 50 bored mercenaries wondering why you came knocking. :D

The CNN-like format of interviews is really growing on me.  I can almost see
Donald Rumsfeld talking whenever I hear Lt. Michael - avoiding questions and
giving vague generalities.  Is that the effect you are going for?  I will
have to use this format whenever an official party is sent by King Lector.

Heh. :)  I was more going for the "I don't want to answer your questions,
and it's none of your business, but..." sort of feel, but I think the end
result is the same. :)

This brings me to a thought ... could this be our next NPC?  A announcer and
interviewer for CBNN?  Any suggestions on a name or look?  We need both a
male and a female :)

That could be a lot of fun.  Maybe someone could bring a CBNN reporter to
the island... That might make for all kinds of neat stories:

the whole "front lines" war reporter angle

tromping through the dense jungle to find a clearing "Vincent Gage, I presume?"

"view from the inside" interviews with natives (if they exist).

CBNN Special Report "Draven: Prophet or kook?"

:)

http://www.geocities.com/cw_isleofmist/

thanks,

James