  Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist

<CBN News> Two mixed companies from the Blank Shields mercenary troop along with various supplies and equipment left Port Anders this morning with little fanfare. The main dock of the sleepy port town has been roped off for the last week as soldiers (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist

(...) I know the feeling :) I can't wait to see the ships - are they just carrier ships, or are they equipped to handle Sea-to-Sea combat if need be? It would be a shame if they couldn't hold their own on the high waters ... The CNN-like format of (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist

(...) They are mostly carrier ships, and aren't outfitted with cannon, so they wouldn't get involved in a battle of the line. They _are_ full of mercenaries, though ... If a high seas battle couldn't be outrun, they would avoid broadsides at all (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist

(...) Wow, we NEED to do this! These are some awesome ideas James, and I think we could possibly make it a bi-weekly thing if a couple people collaborated on it. I think the news reports would provide a lot of comic relief to go along with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

All right you guys, I put together a little something tonight for the CW/IOM newscasters. I made a guy and a girl and put them in good-looking clothes and I made a wagon (news van) for them. Here's the first pic: (URL) as you can see in the next (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

(...) Looks good to me, although the torso's look a little modern for my tastes... I'm not sure what would work better though. Maybe I'll dig through my non-armored figs and see what's what. It should be something relatively common though, so that (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

What about the Luke's torso from the Landspeeder/Millenium Falcon sets? (URL) modern? Not 'offical' looking enough? I think that would work with that torso and it is common. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

(...) for the wagon? (...) Hmm, I agree with James that the outfits are a bit too 1900s and not enough middle-ages... But peasant torsos are too unproffesional... you know what I'd recommend, the scar-faced Sir whatevever torso - that tan torso with (...) (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

(...) Maybe Han Solo's torso from the Desert Skiff? (URL) not be "nice" enough, though. Jeff (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

(...) hey,i'm for the reporters, on one condition. can i kill them? (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: CW CNN; was (Blank Shields Depart for Isle of Mist)

(...) <snip> (...) Sure. Same rules apply that apply to everything else, though: courtesy, co-operation and creativity. IOW, don't just randomly kill characters without the permission (and participation!) of their creator. And don't just kill them (...) (23 years ago, 16-Nov-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw)