Subject:
Apology and Admin issues.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 18:44:54 GMT

To all,
  I'd like to apologize for hastily coming to a decision to remove Bryan
from the membership without bringing it up before everyone.  I did contact a
few members and asked their opinion before doing what I did but I should
have brought it up for a vote from the entire membership.  I would like to
say I acted hastily because I was in a bad mood and I did it without
thinking, but that's not really the case.  As webmaster of the Castle World
site for almost a year, I kind of felt responsible for the membership- I've
poured a lot of time and effort into the site and I kind of assumed I was in
an administration position, mostly because I didn't hear otherwise, really.
If a member wasn't showing themselves to be "part of the team" and being
excessively negative, I felt that reflected on the rest of the group and
myself.  I didn't want people to judge CW by one member's actions.  Maybe I
was being too overprotective of the group.

  The whole administration thing is kind of fuzzy, we don't really know
where the boundaries are.  I really honestly don't know if what I did was
wrong (in removing someone from the membership) or if I did something beyond
what was trusted to me and is out of my jurisdiction (if I have any, I
really don't know).  Yeah, unstructured orgs are great, but like Larry said,
there's always something that comes up where people wonder "ok, now what do
we do?".  The rules aren't even written down anywhere that even I know of,
but they're just common sense rules that everyone should know-

1.  Don't steal artwork, photographs, names, concepts, and the like.
2.  If you want to use someone else's characters, names, and what have you,
you have to contact the person who created them and get their permission.
3.  Play nice and respect others.

  Other than that, you're on your own, until other rules, if any, are
brought up before the membership and adopted.  Maybe that's something we can
discuss at brickfest with the CW group present if I can actually GET there
(long story).

  Anyways, please let me know what you think about the whole administration
issue.  I really would like to find out where people stand.  I don't recall
if this has ever come up before.  Also, should Bryan be reinstated as a
member?  If that's what the majority of the membership wants, I'll comply.

~Nathan
www.castle-world.org