 Castle / 9415 (+20)
  Re: Sorry Anthony (was Re: Lugnet has a problem) plz read

(...) I really, really wanted to let this die, but I realized that someday you will be back and that something like this could likely happen again. With that in mind I'd like to say the following: Although a lot of the issues have now been clouded (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crusader Fortress

It was like a refresher course in (...) lighting in a couple of those pics! I just wish I had as much tan brick as you do ;-) You have to love those new colors. We'll be seeing lots more of cool new MOC's in these new colors. BK> (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) I've been trying to think of a good way to express this for a couple days now. Thanks, Eric - I agree 100% People like me who only want the parts can get the new one, collectors who want the original can still hunt it down and have their (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

(...) Oh, yeah, this was definitely targeted at us. I don't think it's a coincidence that the first set they picked for rerelease was the highest-rated Castle set in the LUGNET database and one of the more expensive ones on eBay. I was just saying (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I think the rerelease of old sets can be a step towards better new sets. One of the reasons I always wished LEGO would put out old sets is that it would raise the bar for current sets. I like to think that once people are exposed to older, (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The legend died (Re: The legend lives)

I wont labour the point cos' we are kinda arguing the same side here (...) the (...) they (...) Its possible, but I havent read a post yet (Not saying there isnt or wont be) from anyone saying - already got one, dont need any more (...) a (...) OK (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Yes, there are always production costs - my bet is that this cost them considerably less to put back into production than designing a new set. As to production logjam - this is only significant if they are currently at their maximum (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

I would just like to clarify a point here: we are all Lego collectors. Lego refers to us that way, we behave like classic collectors, and there is nothing wrong with being a Lego collector! Look at all the catalogs and Lego Mania magazines. They are (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) Lemme clarify something: the Lego Classics and Legends line are separate entities that do not hamper new sets whatsoever. Here's a grossly simplified outline of what happened: 1. After several years of pleading, Lego Direct (a new division of (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) #4 is correct Bruce. As Brad pointed out to me, what people don't seem to realize is that when Lego Direct started a year or so ago, LD consisted of Brad and just Brad. He had to come up with a business plan and figure out a way to implement (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) I disagree. I am a Builder. Buying sets is a side effect of my parts requirements. I don't buy every set on the market, or in a given theme. I don't consider myself a collector, because I don't gain pleasure from owning every set in a series. (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

Okay. First, the AFOLs on .Castle moaned and complained about how the Guarded Inn was sooo cool, and the best set ever etc... So LEGO gives us a wonderful present, they re-release a great set (IMHO) and make it availeable for even the neophytes to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

Hmmm, interesting, Yep I buy a set for the Pcs. When I built my Praying Mantis I brought tons of Castle sets. I have'nt purchased a set and built the featured Model in years. I belive the last one was the Technic controll center with the Mechanical (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) I think your definition of a collector is fundamentally wrong. Webster's defines a collector as one that collects or a person who makes a collection. No where does it mention that one has to have every set in a series to be a collector or does (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) So...I'm confused...Are you saying that if I was to buy Barbie dolls, and cut their hair off, I'd be a scalper? Is that right? 8-> Matt (Just moving this to .debate) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) That's because people are trying to redefine the term collector and it's confusing people. You might consider yourself a Lego "builder" but to 99.9% of the world, you are a Lego collector. If someone plays with Hot Wheels, I would call him a (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

Heh...I've collected a lot things over the years: bugbites, cavities, pounds...if anyone is interested, i'd love to scalp some of these things :^D (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) I have to ask (others may be wondering too), how you can know all this stuff. I recall about a month ago you stated that you do not work for Lego, but here, you are listing, what I would consider, company organization processes. You even refer (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Misnomer: we are all Lego collectors!

(...) My girlfriend calls us all "LEGO nerds". -Marc Nelson Jr. (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Worth the wait? (NO!)

(...) That reminds of the story of Tom Clancy. After releasing one of his books (the Hunt for Red October I think), the U.S. Navy started investigating him for military leaks. Seem that they felt he knew too much about their subs. Then he showed him (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact