 Castle / 8810 (+10)
  SEALUG Meeting pics from 05/05/01

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the pictures from our meeting yesterday. This has been cross posted to .castle because almost all the pics are Castle MOCs! Every meeting we place scraps of paper in a box and draw ideas for the building theme for (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

As some of you might know, I just came out of my Dark Ages. As my post-Dark Ages masterpiece, I'm going to build a replica of J.R.R Tolkien's Middle Earth, very very microfig-style. However, I want to build Barad-Dur (Sauron's MASSIVE tower in (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

About the only word to describe the dimensions of Barad-Dur that you have proposed is wow. wow, wow, wow, wow, wow and wow some more! But seriously if you intend to put as much care and effort into it as you have done planning this thing out, it (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) Absolutely. It was a set she'd never had, and always wanted, and outside of the budget she allows herself. I can take or leave pirates, and given $300 to spend, would spend it on a couple old castles long before I'd buy some old boat. <grin, (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Being a HUGE Tolkien fan, I'd like to provide some input. *Please note that I favour John Howe's paintings of Tolkien's work the most, so I will give links to his paintings. (...) Nitpick: Rivendell (A.K.A. Imladris, The Last Homely House) is (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Thanks for your reply, and I just thought I'd take this time to thank everyone on Lugnet for being some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Without people like you, this world would be a much worse place to live in. By the way, I went and tried (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Wow, that was some really good constructive criticism there and that gallery should help alot. Although I didn't realize who it was by, that painting of Barad-Dur was what I was going to base my model off of. I don't quite know if I can make (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) "Honey! I can't seem to find my red cannons or my center hull sections. Have you seen them anywhere???" Sharing is HARD. Aaron (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) In one day?? Geeze, probably the day the E1 Star Wars stuff came out, about $400. All told that month was probably closer to $700. But I may have done more that that is a single month period (likely). However, I'd best not say more, or the (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

(...) Hi Geordan! That is one great first Gundam (my first mobile suit was a walking trashcan). It is really refreshing to see something different than micro fig scale mechs. In the future, however, have more confidence in your building skills and (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact