 Castle / 880 (+10)
  Re: New Small Church

(...) Dave, Todd, Thanks very much. (...) Actually except for the woman in the Witch torso they are all SW torso's. (The only castle set I currently have is the Night Lords Castle - except for Ninga of course but we won't go there again :-) ). The (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) If there's some constructive criticism I can give, then it would have to be that the surface walls of the walls are a bit even and "dull". If you could put some more "texture" on the surface, it may look even more realistic. Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) I linked to Fibblesnork pages with the hope she'd check the minifigures out, but I didn't know about John DiR's page. Cool. Thanks, Larry. This is one of the most useful things about Fibblesnork - the minifig scans. Fibblesnork is no longer (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Help!

(...) I agree it still fills a big need, Pause only gives you the catalog scan of most sets, Fibblesnork gives you the minifigs, another view since he uses 99% Instruction scans, and everything lumped together by series and genre. Granted you can do (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I think your castle church is cool, nice and simple. Some people go way over board. I am going build on myself soon. I just constructed a hugh Hotel. Great design, you should create a LDRAW file, because it is not too big! See ya Jim (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rose window question

(...) Hmmm. Well, as much as I've considered building a Cathedral, I've never done it. My own suggestion for rose windows would be to use the stepped half-arches and the stepped inverted half arches (I don't know what other people call them, but the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) I quite like it! It's very reminicient of a small town Protestant church (being that it's not overdone and ornate like Catholic cathedrals). The overall feel of the building is excellent! The only thing I can find any sort of fault with is the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) vertically-integrated (...) it (...) organic (...) My new castle is using the Technic pins, it has six modules. The size of the foundation, which is 13 bricks high, 2 burps high all around, is 4.5x4.5 baseplates (144x144 studs). There are 3 (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Actually you got the feel I was going for (Small Protestant Church) thats mostly because my favorite Church that we attended when I was growing up was a very small Methodest/Protestant Church. We (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Fredrik, Thanks, You know I was thinking the same thing but I could not think of how to get do it. Do you have any suggestions? Would you just insert a dkgray brick or plate here and there to give it a more worn look? How else might I give it (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact