 Castle / 8795 (+20)
  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) Jimmy, I did recognize your name. And I do remember a few of your posts from way back before even Shiri Dori came on board. It’s just that I was wondering what specifically was your relation to TLC! -R P.S. People have NO clue who I am, and (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) Yeah, I think we're all kinda wondering that. You don't have to tell us what your relationship to them is. Then again, without any additional info, I (and probably many others) will take most info with a grain of salt. (BTW, it's interesting (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) For your *wife*, huh? <wink, wink, nudge, nudge> ;-) -Shiri (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) I think only $500. (?!) surprising. But I then split it up and gave away the LEGO. At peak, in 1995, I know I was spending about $1,500 a month. I remember the shock each time I got my AmEx bill. I had zero discipline. I think I spent at that (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (Who IS Jimmy?)

(...) Thanks for clearing that up. I'm satisfied. Now we can all return to patiently but anxiously awaiting the "big announcemnent" in July. (insert winking smiley face emoticon here if you're in to that kind of silliness) G. (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) And if you type in "Shiri" in the search box, you get about 1400 in .castle! Sorry, just had to point that out. : ) (...) I know what that's like! My webpage won't even feature castle for the near future, because I don't have a digital camera (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) I think I'm pretty well known, but in that sort of agravating, "darn, there's that ffilz guy bidding on every single item I was interested in from eBay today" sort of way.... Hey, I am slowing down, though I did just figure out that the pile (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Torso Stickers, straight from Ikros

Hey all, I just thought I'd let you see some torso stickers I threw together. I plan to use them as soon as I find myself access to a printer capable of printing them out to a good quality. I hope you like them. More to come. (URL) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso Stickers, straight from Ikros

(...) none the less quite well done. My hat's off to ya! JJ (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Torso Stickers, straight from Ikros

(...) everyone...: ) Kev...: ) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) I do believe that you are a ‘benchmark’ in the Castle community and in Lugnet in general!!! (...) Thanks Shiri, it’s nice to be remembered. On a nostalgic trip into the annals of .Castle I dug up my first post. It was with Chris Maddison, and (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More info (We all know Jimmy)

(...) Ahh...I remember that. Yeah, took long enough, and I've still got only a few...more I tells ya, I need more! -Chris (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Some expansion on the tournament idea

Hello all, I've been giving some more thought to the tournament that would happen at The Gathering at Brickfest 2001. I got to thinking; we all have been discussing this a bit, and people are wanting different things. So, here's what I toss up to (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  My first gundam!! along with a ninja fortress

I finally got pictures up of my first gundam. I can't say it's bad but it definitely needs work. My ninja fortress is my favourite. three levels with living quarters beneath and inter changeable roofs. the gundam was styled after bryce's big blue (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Reflections on my Lego past

It seems to me, now that I look back, that I have grown as a lego enthusiast. Grown, or reverted, who knows. Now that I look back... I see that my building style has matured. When I think about my first huge castle, built with the help of my friend (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  SEALUG Meeting pics from 05/05/01

Hi Everyone, Just wanted to share the pictures from our meeting yesterday. This has been cross posted to .castle because almost all the pics are Castle MOCs! Every meeting we place scraps of paper in a box and draw ideas for the building theme for (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

As some of you might know, I just came out of my Dark Ages. As my post-Dark Ages masterpiece, I'm going to build a replica of J.R.R Tolkien's Middle Earth, very very microfig-style. However, I want to build Barad-Dur (Sauron's MASSIVE tower in (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

About the only word to describe the dimensions of Barad-Dur that you have proposed is wow. wow, wow, wow, wow, wow and wow some more! But seriously if you intend to put as much care and effort into it as you have done planning this thing out, it (...) (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Most ever spent on Lego

(...) Absolutely. It was a set she'd never had, and always wanted, and outside of the budget she allows herself. I can take or leave pirates, and given $300 to spend, would spend it on a couple old castles long before I'd buy some old boat. <grin, (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Middle Earth Ramblings (loooong)

Being a HUGE Tolkien fan, I'd like to provide some input. *Please note that I favour John Howe's paintings of Tolkien's work the most, so I will give links to his paintings. (...) Nitpick: Rivendell (A.K.A. Imladris, The Last Homely House) is (...) (23 years ago, 7-May-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact