 Castle / 870 (+10)
  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) I've been building my modular castles this way since I was a kid. But instead of simply having the removable room nestled between supports or held down by anchors, I make the walls of the room uneven on the bottom, with the ceiling of the room (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

Well, I think it's wonderful and you're being far too modest. What a cozy little model. I love it! Dave Eric Kingsley <kingsley@nelug.org> wrote in message news:FM50tx.41p@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) creation (...) it for (...) and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Small Church

(...) Me too! --Todd p.s. BTW, is that Luke Skywalker there, confessing his sins in church? (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Rose window question

A while back I swear someone posted something about making a rose window. Unfortunatly I no longer have this post. I'm in the later stages of constructing a space ship thats about 220 studs long that has the architectural elements of a gothic (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rose window question

Woops posted that before I was done. Anyway thanking in advance for any input. Jon (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

I'd go with the hinges. It's always an impressive engineering feat, and that way you really have *two* castles -- an 360-degree viewable castle for display (in unopened position), and a double-big cut-away castle to show off the interior. Better (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

Oooh, an underground dungeon would be so cool!!! -- Paul Davidson, aka Tinman www.theforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Star Wars www.filmforce.net | Your Daily Dose of Film News David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

(...) Someone mentioned Technic pins, which I think is the best way to go for large modular constructions--could you build it in six or seven vertically-integrated sections that then link together with Technic pins? That way you could pull it apart (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle? Huzzah!

Did you notice the decorated turning-wall pieces in some 2000 castle sets. I'm holding my fingers crossed, since it may very well be a transparent piece with printed decoration: a colored glass window. Eric Brok (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle structure advice...

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) Magnets would be interesting indeed! They're quite strong, and you don't hafta line them up perfectly like technic pins. However, you might have trouble lining them up horizontally for use in a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact