 Castle / 8667
Re: Price Reference for 6075 Yellow Castle minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 07:59:14 GMT

The entire set tends to go for around £100 so someone was desperate.
It is odd though as the only items you really can't get elsewhere are the
visors, as had been said the bodys are plain, the helamtes and weapons are
light grey which is avaliable elsewhere. The color of the tabards is unique,
nut I've put stickers on yellow tabards before and you cant really see any
of the yellow when they are on.
So it looks like $114 was paid for some visors which have been cut!!

Is there anyone out there who hasn't encountered problems with the old style
helmet splitting on the chin? I recon Ive got about 2 left out of all my
classic space sets and the yellow castle which haven't. guess thats why they
changed it

(btw fortunately my fiancee who isnt really a lego fan had a Yellow castle
from her childhood, saved me spending any money on it :) )

"mfuss903" <mfuss903@aol.com> wrote in message news:GCC4tq.E9D@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.castle, Kevin Salm writes:
In lugnet.castle, Tamyra Teed writes:
somethings wrong with those visors though, I don't remember seeing any
without the feather over the top of the head...

HOLY COW !!!  Cannot believe I did not notice that.  Someone certainly
mutilated the visors or something.  Boy, I would be VERY upset if I had • paid
big bucks and ended up with altered visors.  Why the heck would someone • do
such
a rotten thing.

Well, the seller did say "I'm sorry that the tops of the special helmet
visors are missing," So that would have triggered something with me, but I
agree ~ after looking at what they were, compared to what they are - it is • a
big flaw, and I am amazed that somebody (other then esc1, lol) would have
paid that much for these guys. I am not a castle man (sorry) But are these
guys really worth that? What would the entire set go for??? I am not sure • I
want that one answered! YIKES!
Mark P
mfuss903@aol.com

Some fair pictures of the proper visors can be seen here -->
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6075-1981/6075-20.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1981/c81euts/c81euts-07.html
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1983/c83uk/c83uk-24.html

Kevin Salm wrote:

A pretty fair price reference for 6075 Yellow Castle minifigs can be • seen
here
--> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=579537851