 Castle / 8572
Re: Castle Builing Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 16:35:52 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Aaron West writes:
"Bathrooms!!  My kingdom for some bathrooms!", exclaimed the rather
uncomfortable Lord of the manor.

Ok, I just have to ask-- what have other people done for these? While
checking out real castles in France, there was just periodically a DEEP hole
with the top in a bench somewhere (these were along the castle walls). So
you'd need to have a huge shaft going down into the bowels of your castle,
so to speak-- but in the keep, they probably used chamber pots-- so that's
not as big of a problem... BUTT... how would you work the hole?

I've never actually implemented this in a structure, but I tried it last night
and it looks like it might work:

Take a Plate 3 x 2 with Hole
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3176
(I know the Forestmen's River Fortress had a couple) and put the non-round end
in a wall with two plates under it.  Put a couple of macaroni bricks
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3063
in front, and plug the gaps to the wall with 1 x 1 bricks.  Voila.

TWS Garrison