 Castle / 8557
Re: Castle Builing Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 16:52:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Kevin Blocksidge writes:
       As the title states, I am building a castle and have a few questions
involving it.  The first question involves supplies.  I have used almost
every black or gray plate I have, but have only completed the first floor.
Lego does not sell any packs that have numerous amounts of gray and black
plates for cheep.  I don’t have much money to spend on plates.  Does anyone
have any experience of where I could get some.  I have looked on Brickbay
but could not find any.
My second question involves the rooms in the castle.  There are four towers
on the corners of it.  The towers are approximately 7 inches by 7 inches.  I
do not know what I should put in these small rooms.  It already has
barracks, King’s living quarters, weapons room, storage, a kitchen, a
wizards workshop, and a dungeon.  The castle will have an elven feel to it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Kevin Blocksidge~

"Bathrooms!!  My kingdom for some bathrooms!", exclaimed the rather
uncomfortable Lord of the manor.
A great hall would be nice, and if done properly could free up some of your
bricks.  A guard house could sit next to the gate.  If you wish to include
buildings on the interior, they could be entirely of a different color on 2
or three sides (respective to they're placement) and support castle exterior
walls on the opposite sides.
LEGO direct/bulk ordering does sell lots of grey  brick parts packs from the
shop at home service or from the web site.  Star Wars LEGO has some of the
grey plates in some sets like 7151. Try to alter the appearance a teeny bit
with the addition of a compliementing color line all the way around, too.
Don't forget that you can create more brick with arrow slots peppered around
the structure.  Interior support can be of a different color without
distracting from the exterior color also.
I have these problems as well.
2 cents,
Aaron