 Castle / 8245 (+10)
  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) I doubt they would do that, as there were no scenes that actually happen at the two other schools. By the way, the village is called Hogsmeade and the two other schools are Beauxbatons and Durmstrang, for those who care but have faulty (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Harry Potter?

(...) A great deal of the alternate reality in LOTR/Tolkien books is based upon his understanding of Norse Mythology. He admitted publicly long ago that it was a prime influence for him, his initial interest was in drawing out mythical maps (from (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I don't recall Norbert being in the first book. Am I wrong? Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) I think it is Diagon Alley, see my hopefuls list somewhere near the begining of this thread. Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z-

(...) He's there, he just doesn't do much. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: -z- Preview of Harry Potter -z- WARNING: Letting the cat out of the bag

(...) First Year's aren't allowed at Hogsmeade, but I'll settle for the shops where they get their school supplies, Diagon Alley. Gringots!! Aaron (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.year.2001, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

I remember seeing a news story where a japanese company was suing Disney for plagiarism over "The Lion King." Their character was named Kimba while the Disney version was named Simba. The stories were virtually the same. However, I'll bet Disney's (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) There is a difference between these two occurences. The Harry Potter lawsuit is over the fact that both books use the term "muggles" though to mean different things. Also there is a character in suer's book named Larry Potter but he in no (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) So, in other words, they both ripped off Hamlet. eric (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Disney actually did this with "Lion King"

(...) I rather take it that Anime company failed. Simba is simply Swahili for "lion". And if they mean Kimba the White Lion, the stories weren't similiar at all, beyond being animated lions. Anytime something makes a lot of money, people come out of (...) (24 years ago, 22-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact