 Castle / 7673
7672  |  7674
Subject:
Anthony-esque (was Re: Sigh... boredom)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 06:04:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ed T. Toton III writes:
Yeah, I'm an action too.  Anthony-esque - to wantonly fill your website • with
thousands of useless characters.  :)

Mine must be quickly becoming "anthony-esque" then.. For
instance, I think I have too many mages.. I only got about half
way through them before I ran out of ideas for their bios. I'll
probably think of something tomorrow (too tired and sick
right now), but I really didn't want to get into something like
"this is another powerful mage" and "this is yet another mage,
blah blah blah"  :)

--
-Bones-
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises

I've had that problem many times, coming up with new characters and having no
clue what to do with them.  Though my real problem lies in coming up with
names, sometimes I do have problems coming up with a bio for a character.  So
if you want, I'll give you a tip.  Like everyone is just DIEING to know how I
come up with it all.

Anyway, my trick to coming up with a new character who is different from all
the other characters (hopefully) is to do either one of two things.

One trick, though I don't use it too often, is to model a character around
someone I know, or another character.  I try no to do this just because some
people don't like being characterized and most pre-existing characters are
copyrighted in one way or another.

The other trick I use, which I use most commonly, is to find a single character
mental or physical feature, say like a hatred for clowns, or a nervous twitch
or a large disfiguring scar, and writing the character around that.  You'd be
surprised how much you can come up with for a charcter this way.  After all,
that character must have gone through some pretty hairy stuff to hate clowns,
or what kind of battle he got into to get his scar.

As for my names, I'll be frank, or maybe I'll be Pawel just this once, I know
I'll be Joel sometime next month.  I come up with most of my names by just
stamping my fingers on the keyboard and pulling out letter combonations that
look or sound good and build on them.  Though I do try not to have too many
characters with their names starting or ending the same.  But when you have as
many characters as I do, that gets hard.

By the way, for anyone who wants to know, I've come up with a rather nifty idea
for a new faction for my website.  Yes... a new faction.  Yes, another long
winded faction.  A faction of elves.  I think they'll turn out really nifty.
If I can, I'm going to also go on brick bay and try to get some sting rays so i
can 'borrow' (blatently steal) Jeff Johnston's idea for Goblins.  After all,
Elves going up against Goblins is cool and cliche'.

Anyway, thats my two...err.. four cents.

--Anthony

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html