 Castle / 7556
Re: New stuff on my webpage ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:43:04 GMT

On Pawel's new stuff...

On the people (are all of these new? you didn't indicate), I love the
Desert Ox. Now I know what to do with all those yellow angled octagonal
pieces. Baergar is a nice "barbarian" type. Nice mixture of minifig
parts and I love that staff/weapon deal. I also like the lady Malahat.

Hey thanks for the top billing on your links page, but I'm more than 500
posts behind again...  Ooh, I would appreciate though if you could fix
the spelling of my name (don't feel too bad, about the only way to get
it correct is for me to write or type it myself, at least these days
with computers, I almost always cut and paste folks names just to avoid
errors - it's amazing how hard some names are to spell [I've placed
phone orders where I knew the first thing they would do is type in my
name, so I introduced my self as Frank eff eye ell zee and listened as
they repeated back to me P H I L S, at least the folks who want to stick
a T in for FILTZ are sort of getting it right since that's how it should
be pronounced although we drop the T]).

Richard Noeckel wrote:
Well now, after all this time I had believed that you’re Indian or
something. And, as it turns out you look much like my cousin.

I'm not in the habit of thinking too much about folks origins based on
their names, but if I thought about Pawel, I'd guess he has some Polish
ancestry, or another Eastern European country. That little tongue
twister, "wicz", at the end of his name is  common in Polish names (and
like I say possibly other eastern European - I show a little
non-worldliness by tending to automatically assume Polish).

Frank Filz
who now is less sure of his ancestry that he was growing up (I had grown
up always thinking my Dad's side was German, but in the past bunch of
years, my father and uncle have done more research and we now realize my
Grandmother's side is really Czech - of course that part of Europe has
changed hands quite a bit over the years... My Mom's side is a little
more solid with English and Scottish ancestry, and even a Mayflower
passenger).

and who only sometimes makes misteaks unlike the great Larry who never
duz.

and who likes to have fun with spellings and such, at one time, we
heavily used an In Circuit Emulator (ICE) in our development, and you
always had to reset the thing by typing "reset ice", so I defined a
synonym so I could "reset eyes"...

Zlif Knarf
(who thinks he's got one of the neatest names when read backwards...)
I may have to build a mini for Zlif to use as my signature character
(though somehow I think of him as more likely a space ship pilot or some
such - perhaps a friend of Spaceman Spiff's)

Of course the reverse of my middle name might work better for a castle
character, Trawets (there's the Scottish ancestry for you - of course my
spelling was so bad that I never got my name right until I connected
Jackie Stewart's accent with my ancestry and realized that I should
probably follow his spelling, which is what is on my birth certificate).