 Castle / 755 (+20)
  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

[ FUT lugnet.general ] Rachel Kingston: [ Comparing Playmobil and LEGO ] (...) In many cases (castle, wild west, and divers come to mind) LEGO copies Playmobil's ideas. What I find really bad is that LEGO also seem to be copying Playmobil's lack of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I have noticed this similarity also. Part of it is the fact that both lines are very extensive, so should have an incredible overlap (or someone's research into what kids seem to be interested in is totally invalid). I have noticed other toy (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) As opposed to now, when you have to bribe the customs official to get relief goods in to the country?? Sigh. (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I think Playmobile is much more like Duplo than Lego, both due to the size of the figures and the aspects Frank describes above. Indeed, speaking as somebody who has a very substantial amount of Duplo, I find that it often comes mixed with (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:383BF42D.36CA22...ger.net... (...) years (...) Hey, we are going slowly...to anywhere..:-( What could I say, you are completely right. Selçuk (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Hee. It's apparently no longer a part of the product line, but you should see the Playmobil Ghost. It's such a ringer for the LEGO ghost that it could be the LEGO ghost's giant economy-sized brother. I don't think I still have the box, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

In lugnet.castle, Rachel Kingston writes: <snip> (...) Not only that, but the part numbers are clearly marked on the instructions, and the buyer is allowed, nay, encouraged to call Playmobil and purchase parts individually. Not cheap, of course, but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Well, LEGO comes close, the floating boats can be motorized (I think with the same motor which came with that Playmobil boat). (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Boat motors (was: Lego/playmobile ramble)

[FUT lugnet.boats] (...) FYI, in case it has not been mentioned in awhile, the Playmobil boat motor fits very nicely in the stern of the LEGO floating boats. ;-) Also, if you have a friendly neighborhood toyshop, they might order a "replacement" (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?

(...) Additionally, although this has been mentioned before, I'll mention this again. Ninja come from LEGO in boxes marked "Castle". (...) Well have sucky helmets and their "buildings" leave something to be desired (walls of burps!). They did have (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) the (...) Have another look around the playmobil site Jeff, cause the ghost is still there - it is number 3317 in the knights catagory. Thats the other thing that Playmobil do, that Lego should copy, all the Playmobil sets are around long (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

I looked at the Playmobile web site, and discovered that they have cannons too. Can the Playmobile cannon shoot? If so, how is it safer than its Lego counterpart? Cheers, Hao-yang Wang (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) The U.S. versions of Playmobil cannons don't shoot either. The only possibility of finding one might be if a U.S. retailer ordered their stock from a European distributor, but that would be rare. Timbo (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Heather Patey wrote in message ... (...) and (...) models (...) old (...) Playmobil will also let you email a missing parts list, email you back and send the parts. I love it!!!!! Playmobil is also into their third year of advent calendars, Lego is (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Small Gloating Ritual

Hey y'all: O, Baby! I just got a whole bunch of sets in the mail from this one dealer I was working with. I got fair/excellent deals on the following sets: 6074, 6039, 6059, 6086, 6077, 6071, 6066, 6061, 1624, 6040, 6071 No boxes, mint Instructions, (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Rachel Kingston wrote in message ... (...) the (...) After reading this post and the long string of responses, I would have to say that it is interesting that no one did jump on Rachel or throw thousands of Timmys. If someone made a comment (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) should mention that (...) Despite using larger pieces, I believe Playmobil is still aimed at the same ages as LEGO System. Playmobil 1-2-3 is the DUPLO equivlant. What I like about Playmobil is, as you mentioned, variety. Thier current Town (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) plug-in transformer from one of the train sets? Not only will this support a large load of lights, but you will actually have complete remote control over the whole light array and never needlessly drain batteries. Dan (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Golden Tap Inn posted

I just got two rolls of film back with more pics of my castle creations. Seeing as I just spent the last week laying out a 32 page mailorder catalog at my job, I wasn't too excited to spend more hours posting all of the pics, but at least I got a (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm not using one because I don't have one. ;) If I ever see a train with enough castle-applicable parts to interest me, at a good discount, I may get one. Until then, I shall rely on the battery box. Unless there's some altruistic train-head (...) (25 years ago, 25-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact