 Castle / 7470
7469  |  7471
Subject:
COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:12:16 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A land of myth and mystery...

A time of knights and maidens...

A world of magic...

So come.... come visit....

ANDRASTAVIA
http://www.acay.com.au/~purple/

...where lego... is the only world...

See you all there...

Kev...:  )

Message has 17 Replies:
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) Impressive stuff Kevin, very visually appealing. Your structures have a very bavarian feel to them, especially your royal castle. Almost looks like an attempt at Newschwanstein. Well done. --Anthony (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

Wonderful stuff there! (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) This makes my morning - I was for something like this all week, and now my brain is finally stimulated again (Granted it's only Tuesday, but still :) I like the sturctures, and most of all, I like the story. There are plenty of pictures (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) Gah.... duh. *drool* Amazing. ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) Wow, amazing, I hope you win the Australian lottery so that you can flesh out all the lands that you've shown. I also liked the drawbridge that used beams to lift the chains, which is supposed to be more authentic than just chains. George (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) "guh" and "buh". The buildings are fantastic. The crest, with the Crusaders Lion shield and the Grey helmet, is sheer genius. The pictures of LEGO elements (knights, ships, figs, etc) "in" real settings in the details area are among the best (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

Umm...uh...<wipes drool off keyboard> Wow, Kevin, that is *amazing*. The buildings, the backgrounds, the *story*, oh, you need to get chapter 2 done ASAP! :-) Again, great work! -Chris (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) creations. I am sure your site will give many a much needed boost in their day. As for the sword, I can't help but think that the colors RGB are a major clue to the working of it's unique magik... I won't bore you with more of the same stuff (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) enjoying your story. But I do want to point out a nasty layout bug that shows up on high resolution (1280x1024 fullscreen). You are missing a line break after the 2nd image on the "Welcome to Andrastavia" page: (URL) a screenshot that shows it (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) Do you even know how unbelievably cool your site is?! =) You are one heck of a graphic artist and it shows. =) Like someone else mentioned, you really set a new standard as far as your site is concerned. The actual lego structures are (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

Well first of all... THANX to everyone for all the posative feedback. OK..... Yes the Palace is based on Newschwanstein... I'll be putting on more detailed pics of the palce soon.... as well as more detailed pics of all the other structures... I (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

I really like the Ard Manor. It gives me an idea for my town. How well does that program you use work, I build my sites by hand. Josh (23 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

(...) Wow. Very cool, Kevin. I love your photo editing. If I didn't realize it before, it's obvious I have a lot to learn in that regard after seeing your site. I love your buildings. Bavarian styling has always fascinated me. Keep it up - I can't (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

Well Kevin what can i say but WOW time for me to go and pull apart all my models and start again. (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

Magnificent. Abso-feakin-lutely magnificent! Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe that the bar has officially been raised. (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

WOW, I guess I am going to have to finally start on my big castle. This is enough to inspire anyone. (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)
  Re: COME VISIT ANDRASTAVIA......

OK, this one earned a place in my castle links. :) Very nicely done! Great use of backgrounds and blending techniques.. I'm impressed. -- -Bones- "Being Optimized for Nocturnal Exploration and Sabotage" = (URL) = NecroBones Enterprises "Kev...: )" (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)