 Castle / 745 (+20)
  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) If you put enough lights in parallel, they will start to dim. Since we have no ideal power sources, all power sources will put out a lower voltage as the load increases. Batteries are pretty good, and can dump their energy pretty quick. A (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm not sure if that's what I'm running into or not. My lights are rather buried in my castle, and I can't say I'm willing to dig them out right now. I am running (if memory serves correctly) 8 or 9 lights off one box, and 4 of those are the (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) so (...) Well, here's a question for you: what kind of box is it? Is it the 4x8?x2? battery box with the single grey button (runs off 1 9v battery), or the 4x12?x3? battery box w/ 2 buttons (runs off 6 AA batteries)? I think (if memory serves) (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) I'm using the larger battery box. I haven't tried multple boxes yet, mostly because I haven't dug up 6 spare batteries yet. I will try it when I get a chance, and let people know the result. James (URL) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Anyone using motors, etc. in Castle creations?

(...) Actually, you can get the lights to project pretty far by placing one of those silver headlight dishes around the light bulb. This works great for the light on the front of a steam train. --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

[snip] (...) Where did you find *that*? Please, share! :-) Shiri, who was just considering buying the ninja castle for $72 (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) I definitely agree. I just bought the castle at the same price at KB in the Natick Mall, and I like it a lot. I mean, I wouldn't say it's the coolest set I've ever seen, but it does have all those cool stuff Jeff mentioned. And if you'd ever (...) (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is 6097 Night Lords Castle worth it

(...) up (...) I'm actually dying for green dragons but haven't got around buying the witch windship yet (if at all). -Shiri (25 years ago, 23-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Lego/playmobile ramble

Hi all, At the risk of being jumped on simultaneously, by thousands of AFOL's (or having thousands of Timmy's thrown at me) I just finished having a look at the playmobil site, and came away with much food for thought. Firstly I was struck with the (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

This message reminds me my pre dark age lego playing habits. I had a collection of almost 2000 pieces but only four minifigs, which even included to the collection while I lost my interest at role playing, and started building models displaying (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

[ FUT lugnet.general ] Rachel Kingston: [ Comparing Playmobil and LEGO ] (...) In many cases (castle, wild west, and divers come to mind) LEGO copies Playmobil's ideas. What I find really bad is that LEGO also seem to be copying Playmobil's lack of (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I have noticed this similarity also. Part of it is the fact that both lines are very extensive, so should have an incredible overlap (or someone's research into what kids seem to be interested in is totally invalid). I have noticed other toy (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) As opposed to now, when you have to bribe the customs official to get relief goods in to the country?? Sigh. (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) I think Playmobile is much more like Duplo than Lego, both due to the size of the figures and the aspects Frank describes above. Indeed, speaking as somebody who has a very substantial amount of Duplo, I find that it often comes mixed with (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:383BF42D.36CA22...ger.net... (...) years (...) Hey, we are going slowly...to anywhere..:-( What could I say, you are completely right. Selçuk (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Hee. It's apparently no longer a part of the product line, but you should see the Playmobil Ghost. It's such a ringer for the LEGO ghost that it could be the LEGO ghost's giant economy-sized brother. I don't think I still have the box, (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

In lugnet.castle, Rachel Kingston writes: <snip> (...) Not only that, but the part numbers are clearly marked on the instructions, and the buyer is allowed, nay, encouraged to call Playmobil and purchase parts individually. Not cheap, of course, but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego/playmobile ramble

(...) Well, LEGO comes close, the floating boats can be motorized (I think with the same motor which came with that Playmobil boat). (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Boat motors (was: Lego/playmobile ramble)

[FUT lugnet.boats] (...) FYI, in case it has not been mentioned in awhile, the Playmobil boat motor fits very nicely in the stern of the LEGO floating boats. ;-) Also, if you have a friendly neighborhood toyshop, they might order a "replacement" (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.boats)

  Re: what is everyons favorite castle headpiece?

(...) Additionally, although this has been mentioned before, I'll mention this again. Ninja come from LEGO in boxes marked "Castle". (...) Well have sucky helmets and their "buildings" leave something to be desired (walls of burps!). They did have (...) (25 years ago, 24-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact