 Castle / 7393
Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 13:50:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
In lugnet.castle, Wilson Raska writes:
http://www.sofast.net/~raska/sidongate.html

Wilson

Yeaaaay!  New stuff from Wilson!

At the risk of being unconstructive: I love it!  It's so full of life and
detail that I could spend a good 15-20 minutes just browsing the same pictures
again and again.  The details work as do the color combinations.  The pack
horse travelers add a nice touch to give the whole place some life - as do the
gatherers.   The whole place simply breathes ...

Thanks Pawel.  I wanted to convey the feeling that Sidon was a hub for many
different people and that people make livings doing different things.  As
for the building, I decided to build something in the Black Falcons Fortress
color scheme.  I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  The foliage
makes it so much nicer to look at, you'd be surprised how dull it looks
without it.

The archers seem very calm yet keen.  One is checking out the horizon while
the other is staring the in distance.  They are going through a calm
period right now, but they know better than to relax.  Great shot!

Thanks.

Now for my technical question ... will you share how you made the ghosts?
Pretty please?

Well. . . hmmmm. . .I can't show you how I made the actual shot for the
story, because that would give away some of the plot.  But after school I'll
make another shot when I have more time to discuss and explain it.  Glad
you're interested!

Wilson