 Castle / 7382
  My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

Well, after finally deciding to take pictures of this after watching it sit around for about 7 months, I managed to tie it into my story line and make a pretty cool teaser. So here it is, The Gate to Sidon: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) Yeaaaay! New stuff from Wilson! At the risk of being unconstructive: I love it! It's so full of life and detail that I could spend a good 15-20 minutes just browsing the same pictures again and again. The details work as do the color (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) Great model. Excellent optimization of parts (base and half tower pieces), and great use of color and slopes. I like the fortifications on the top the best. In the last photo with the two shadowy figures - it looks like there are four (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) Outstanding! That is a wonderful use of that baseplate! I love the greenery around the gate. I don't think I can ever have enough (and I certainly haven't hit "enough" yet!), seeing someone with an abundance make use of it is always (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) Thanks Pawel. I wanted to convey the feeling that Sidon was a hub for many different people and that people make livings doing different things. As for the building, I decided to build something in the Black Falcons Fortress color scheme. I'm (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) crammed into a relatively small area and all the details. You really did manage to convey the high levels of activity and the relative peacefulness; but not too peaceful. Like Joel mentioned, the foliage is awesome! And those "presences" sure (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) Thanks. (...) Yeah, I knew there had to be another use for those half-octagonal tower pieces. I was just playing around with them and that baseplate and this is what came out. I also like the way the yellow highlights the black and grey. (...) (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) I was hoping that people would just take them as shadows, but then look again and realize that there was something else there. Glad it worked! :^) -Shiri (who's aching for pieces to finish the roof on that &*^%#$ new MOC so (...) WHAT kind of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

Looks pretty cool. Wilson Raska <willy007_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:G78p6A.HH1@lugnet.com... (...) sit (...) a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) I really like using greenery too, It makes scenes seem alive and refreshing. Or something like that, I just think it adds to the coolness of a structure. (...) Thanks. (...) Okay, I've done another image (took about five minutes, it's not (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My new (actually really old) MOC: Gate to Sidon

(...) <snipped> (...) Amen! <snipped REALLY cool tuturial> (...) Wilson - you rock!! Joel Jacobsen (URL) (23 years ago, 17-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)