 Castle / 7211
  Christmas Break Creation!!!!

Well, I'm a week into christmas break, and after 2 other tries to build a castle and not getting the results I wanted, this is what I ended up with so far... it's not complete yet, I still need to do a few other things... just not sure how to get (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

(...) Wow, very cool way to use those chains! I really like the way it all looks; reminds me of the Black Falcons Fortress. Those torch-holders on the side walls are pretty nifty too. You may want to give those soldiers atop the battlements some (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

Hey Tamy, I agree with Wilson, cool use of the chains! I also rather like double windows in the front. It gives the castle a very heavy feeling, together with the chains, ninja doors and the [battlements I think you call'em?]. Nice job! Take more (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

Looking very good. Ditto for me on the chains. Keep us posted! (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

(...) Nice work, hope to see some side and rear pictures. I like the 'stone' work around the windows on the side and the front. I would probably move the windows a bit higher up the wall, just from a defence point of view, but I have no idea what (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle terminology + Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

(...) I agree, well done. And yep, if you're referring to the top of the wall, that's battlements. The individual blocks jutting up are called 'merlons', and the spaces between them are 'crenelations'. The flat part of the crenelations are (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle terminology + Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

(...) Yep, that's what I was thinking of! <snip cool info> (...) Awesome! Good luck, and post it! You might want to use this for assistance: (URL) (Franklin Cain IIRC?) posted this here when I was trying to describe a cross vault, without knowing (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

Thanks for all the comments, glad everyone likes the chains!! I've had them sitting on my shelf in somewhat the same postion for over a year now trying to find something to put them in. Originally, I was thinking of using them as an entrance way (...) (24 years ago, 31-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!

(...) I love your design. It's great how the windows 'fall back' into the building. And as said before by others: your use of chains is innovative. Very good! Sure wished I hade as many grey bricks... Waiting for more pictures, to study some (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.castle)