 Castle / 7219
7218  |  7220
Subject:
Castle terminology + Re: Christmas Break Creation!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 16:36:21 GMT

I agree with Wilson, cool use of the chains! I also rather like double
windows in the front. It gives the castle a very heavy feeling, together
with the chains, ninja doors and the [battlements I think you call'em?].

I agree, well done.

And yep, if you're referring to the top of the wall, that's battlements.
The individual blocks jutting up are called 'merlons', and the spaces
between them are 'crenelations'. The flat part of the crenelations are
'crenelles', and the whole structures of crenelations and merlons together
are called 'battlements'. 'Parapet' also refers to a wall structure on the
outer edge of the defensive wall, but doesn't necessarily imply
battlements. 'Rampart' can often be used to describe the tops of
the walls, but is more correctly used when describing raised earthen
structures outside the wall.

I'm working on putting together a glossary. :)

--
-Bones-
= http://www.necrobones.com/        = NecroBones Enterprises