 Castle / 7173
Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 19:04:25 GMT

ships all do pretty good, and the two big Imperial bases (which
really aren't that much different from castles, I suppose).

Buying several copies of the big Fright Knights castle (it's still cheap
even on eBay) gives you a fair amount to work with.  The actual castle
itself is weak, but there's no raised baseplate and you can work with what's
there to make something decent.  Also, if you keep a sharp eye out, you can
find bargains: I got a complete 6086 (minus box) for $66.

Bruce

The ships are still changing.  I sold a Skull's Eye Schooner for $350 last
year (I was pirate complete until I sold this ship.  Needed the money
though...).  The highest price I have seen one go since then is $255.  I am
waiting to buy mine back at around $200.  The Fright Knights castle does
have a nice assortment of pieces.  I just don't like the big green bases.
Speaking of good deals, I won a 6060 last week for $26 with the box and
complete!  I even received it on Saturday thanks to Paypal! Keep finding
those good deals.