 Castle / 7164
Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:29:10 GMT

Brian, this is lovely!  Innovative geometry and layout; I like the different
windows, the vortex, and the bridge especially.  There must be a story behind
the levitating tower and the roots at the bottom!  Are those white or grey
Droid Escape walls in the round tower, and if white, how long did it take to
Brasso them?

It took about an hour to take the decals off of 8 of the white curved pieces.

I see some painted wizard hats - did you do any other minifig
customization, and can we see 'em?

I have several customized figures.  I am working on a web page right now and
hopefully will give out the url in a couple of weeks.  I just have some
tweeking to do and finish writing a couple of stories.

Your pictures are not bad at all, by the
way, just a bit of flash reflection and off-colours.

Flash is a real difficulty with Lego.  I use 2 500 watts lamps for light so
I don't need the flash, but many a time, I still need to use the flash,
which off colors parts.  Small items are easy, but larger buildings are hard
to get the lighting conditions right so that the flash doesn't fire off.

Thanks for looking.  Glad you liked the building!

Can't wait to see more
and read the story, which of course you are writing.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada