 Castle / 7162
  Wizard's Tower/fortress

I have been busy this weekend building a wizard's fortress slash tower. It is not furnished yet and the pictures could be better, but I wanted to share it. Inside, against the back wall is a vortex that the wizards use to 'dimension gate' to other (...) (24 years ago, 26-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) Brian, this is lovely! Innovative geometry and layout; I like the different windows, the vortex, and the bridge especially. There must be a story behind the levitating tower and the roots at the bottom! Are those white or grey Droid Escape (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) It took about an hour to take the decals off of 8 of the white curved pieces. I see some painted wizard hats - did you do any other minifig (...) I have several customized figures. I am working on a web page right now and hopefully will give (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

First off, impressive! I love the radial design you did on the tower, and the bridge design. I wish I had so many castle wall pieces, but as I just started with the castle theme on thursday, I'm limited to mostly basic bricks, and I have no wizards. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) thanks for sharing, brian! absolutely beautiful! great imagination and design! love the vortex and the mysterious tower. looks like you did a great job on paining those hats, too. looking forward to seeing more, especially your custom 'figs (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

Wow. Very nice. Love the vortex, nice job on that. I like the front of the building too. I would never have the nerve to leave so many bricks resting on such a small support, because I know I lean too hard on my Lego when I am building. :-) (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) Castle is a tough line to get into. If you want the older stuff, which all castle heads eventually decide they have to have, it can get real expensive. It seems on Ebay, that the only sets that continue to hold high values are any castle line (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) Pirate ships all do pretty good, and the two big Imperial bases (which really aren't that much different from castles, I suppose). Buying several copies of the big Fright Knights castle (it's still cheap even on eBay) gives you a fair amount (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

Also, if you keep a sharp eye out, you can (...) Oooo. You lucky person, you! I still have not been able to get one of those :o( Best, Aaron (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) The ships are still changing. I sold a Skull's Eye Schooner for $350 last year (I was pirate complete until I sold this ship. Needed the money though...). The highest price I have seen one go since then is $255. I am waiting to buy mine back (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Collecting castle stuff...

(...) expensive. That's true. Although for the time being I'm mostly satisfied with the current stuff. I just wish there were more of certain parts, like those castle walls, dragons with better color combinations, wizards, etc. There's a lot missing (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower/fortress

(...) It helps to get into the castle line if you buy a HUGE CHEAP CASTLE like the biggest fright knights one. It is still available at some stores like KB toys or Toyworks. The set comes with many walls, doors, and much more. (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)