 Castle / 5653
  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) <SNIP> Interesting, but I suspect that the movie version of Hogwarts School for Wizards will be heavy on the CG images. The Cathedral will likely be used for MOSTLY interior shots, Hogwarts is supposed to have four towers (one for each dorm (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Err... This isn't really a spoiler, as it has very little to do with the plot, so: Hogwart's has multiple towers, but not all of them are House dorms, and not all the House Dorms are in towers. In book 2 we find that Slytherin's Dorms are in (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) for (...) all (...) in (...) Did I not say that I would be posting no spoilers? I thought that I read that the first view was with four prominent towers, if I was wrong, fine, I just need to re-read it. Thank you for your corrections and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Ack! I just wanted to reassure other that what I was going to say wasn't a spoiler. I'm very sensitive to spoiler information of all stripes. In fact, I would advise anyone within the sound of this post to avoid the second half of the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

I got books 1-4 in hardback by joining a book club - 6 books for $1-2 (plus shipping of about $10), and I have to buy 4 books over the next 2 years - of which I figure 2 will be Potter books 5 and 6. It should work out to less than paperback cost by (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Sniff! I got books #1 and #2 through the Doubleday Science Fiction book club here in Canada, and had ordered #3. I got a letter back saying that the publisher wouldn't let them publish anymore (including #2), so that I couldn't get #3 that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

Todd, Is there a lugnet.harrypotter in our future? I think (pure speculation) that the movie will be primarily CG - think about Hagrid - he just wouldn't be done 'right' with the old styles of filming tricks... Gene (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) I've heard Robby Coltrane is supposed to be cast as Hagrid, but I hope they'll use a bit of CGI trickery (as in the Merlin, Arabian Nights, and other tv series and the hobbits in LOTR). - Sean (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)