 Castle / 5320
Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:43:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Brouwer writes:
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you castle-heads out there can recommend any
good castle building music???  Listening to the radio doesn't do it for me
when I'm building, and I don't care for silence.  I'm looking for something
that can get my creative juices flowing the right direction.  Inspirational if
you will...

Thanks for looking!

Eric

  great topic, eric, and not "off" at all!  music and lego castle building
go hand in hand in my mind.  i'll load specific cds in the stereo to build
by.  for my last castle, the wizard gregor's tower, i listened to loreena
mc-kennit("the mask & the mirror" & "the book of secrets", cassandra
wilson("new moon daughter") and lugnet's own henry lim (opp.1-3).  the
mc-kennit drips castle ambience as her music was used in the drew barrymore
film "ever after".  cassie wilson is more of the smoky jazz type, but there
are several mystical tunes on this cd.  henry lim _is_ lego music!!  he has
a wonderful mixture of classical and avant garde, spiked with some early,
early jazz for flavor. he is a gifted pianist/ composer as well as great
lego sculptor!

  mussorsky's "night on bald mountain", as well as the entire "pictures at
an exhibition" collection is some of the best classical building music i've
found.

  and i listen to shriekback.  lots and lots of shriekback...  my personal
favorite band of all time. i have pretty much goth taste, so i'm always
listening to dead can dance, this mortal coil, bauhaus (and all that
entails..), and these seem condusive to building.

  shiri and i have started using song lyrics in our castle world stories,
involving the "inspirational" music further into our creations.

  let the music play!

  later ~ craig~  (who loves all kinds of music.. listening to roy orbison
right now... )