 Castle / 5302
Re: Musical advice - kinda OT, kinda not
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 19:10:33 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Eric Brouwer writes:
Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any of you castle-heads out there can recommend any
good castle building music???  Listening to the radio doesn't do it for me
when I'm building, and I don't care for silence.  I'm looking for something
that can get my creative juices flowing the right direction.  Inspirational if
you will...

Thanks for looking!

Eric

Interesting topic for discussion...

I could recommend:

* any of the instrumentals that employ harpsicord, harp, and violin/strings
on your local classical station, but that's radio

BUT also:

Clannad was a great suggestion!
Enigma has a nice mix of gregorian chant and Synth
Sarah Maclaughlin
Peter Gabriel (don't ask me why)
Genesis selling england by the pound
Tangerine Dream Soundtracks like "bladerunner"
"dune" soundtrack
John Williams Soundtracks esp. Star Wars ep 4

Just a couple suggestions...I couldn't think of anything more you might try
(understanding that I listen to an eclectic mix of hip-hop, Industrial, 80s
alternative stuff that inspires me in different ways when time and my
neighbors permit = )

                      John
*watch the John Boorman movie "Excalibur"

I am sure ~craigo~ will volunteer shriekback =8^)