 Castle / 450 (+10)
  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Ok, so you see I wasn't necessarily (or at all, in fact) responding to the alleged "skimpiness" of the new sets. Cool. Give me basic gray bricks, castle walls, and pitchforks and I'll be happy. I'd agree with anyone who felt that FK, DF, and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Not alot, really. It was the current theme when I came out of my Dark Ages, and I think it's the best of the last 4 subthemes. That doesn't mean it was as good as some of the earlier subthemes, but it was good. (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. I didn't even say that it was a pale imitation of glory-year sets. I said Thad -might- have felt that it was. Just speculation. Me, I'm a Space head, and I hate all Castle stuff anyway, except for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Well, see, that's your opinion, and that's fine. But when other opinions differ, that doesn't make someone a doofus, right? Whenever I find myself going "oh gawd" about anyone who's excited by UFO, Exploriens, or Insectoids, I remind myself (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) It would appear that way, at least partially. He may also be comparing it only to the mid- to late-90's Castle sets and not to the glory days mid-80's sets...? (...) I don't see how anyone could prefer Pepsi to Coke. I don't see how anyone (...) (25 years ago, 8-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Sometimes it does, yes. Especially from one perspective or another. (...) Sounds like you're trying to get around to saying that not only do you acknowledge everyone has a "right" to an opinion, but that everyone has a "right" to have that (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

(...) Um? If you are in your 20's, then you are likely to have been around during the best time of LEGO right at the peak of your childhood too :) I Have a yellow castle that was new to me as a kid :) and I'm 22 (for another week!). If you are say (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Ninja vs. "real" Castle (was: Re: More news on 2000 lineup!)

All I want is pics of the new sets! That would make me happy. :-) Just to see whats useful for parts as for sets, I dont think A Empire can ever reclaim the glory they once held. I fear the glory days of lego are over...... But the good news is they (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2000 Scans are Online!

(...) What a night to be sitting in a hotel room with a 14,400 connection!!! Argh! Anyway looks like the Falcon is just about as bad as we thought although the cockpit looks a bit better than previously thought and it is still good for pieces. Still (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle)

  Well seen the Castle on locks server!

First of all thanks for the photo Kevin! :-) Second the sets stick just like I thought..... But there is a new prefab piece for brefab castle builders and the new helmet is in small sets too. More horse bardards and plenty of brown wheels and more (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact