 Castle / 3990
Re: Favorite castles?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 01:13:57 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

Now here's something to ponder...

What's your favorite castle set made by TLC (no MOCs Please :-)? And please
explain *why*. I'm really interested.

I don't have enough castle sets to judge, and I want to know what everyone
thinks. I'd really rather you choose between the real *castles* per se, not
from all the "sets".

Personally I don't see what's so great about the YC... sure, it has no prefab
pieces, it's the first castle set ever... but I just don't see what's so
amazing about it.
I only have 6090, 6091 and 6097 (out of the "real" castles)... out of those
I'd undoubtly say my fave is 6090.
Other castles that I saw in catalogs look nice, as a catalog-kid I used to
admire 6081... then again, I might've only admired it because it was a castle,
regardless to what was in it. :-) All I know is that I vividly remember myself
looking at the catalog and hoping to get "that cool set"... same with 6086,
when it came out. OTOH, 6082 wasn't really something to look up to IMO, even
back then (altho' the DMs as a whole seemed VERY cool).

I really can't say anything about sets like 6074, 6085, 6080 or 6073 because I
was too young to appreciate them when they came out and I'm too young to
gather enough money to get them now and judge them. (always too young... :-)

Well anyhow I'd like to hear your opinion!

-Shiri

I like 6073. Probobly because it was the only castle I ever had. I accually made
in ldraw a tavern in the spirit of 6073.